Birding in Botanical Gardens: Flowers, Birds & Recreation:
Thursday, January 26, 2017 9:00 a.m. Flowers are abundant around Heathcote and so are birds! Eva Ries, an Advanced Florida Master Naturalist through the University of Florida’s Florida Master Naturalist Program, will take visitors through the property for bird viewing and discussion of species in the garden, and those migrating through the area. She’ll share tips on birding and what to look for at various times of the year in St. Lucie County. No cost to members and Garden Admission for non-members.
A Gardener’s Dilemma: Pest & Diseases in the Organic Garden:
Friday, March 10, 2017 10:30 a.m. Adina Lehrman of The Compost Gardener & Florida Regenerative Landscapes presents Pest & Disease in the Organic Garden. Learn natural solutions to controlling predatory insects as well as the use of microbe- based products to create a sustainable landscape and garden – 210 Savannah Road, Fort Pierce, FL 34982. Cost: $5 members (non-members $10) www.heathcotebotanicalgardens.org. RSVP to 772.464.4672
Creating Outdoor Colorful Container Gardens
March 11, 2017: 4:00 p.m. – 6 p.m. Dress up your garden for spring with the creation of fabulous & colorful container gardens. Bring your own container or one will be provided for you to take home. Learn the best combinations and ideas for your other planters. Cost: $20 Members, $25, non-members. RSVP essential. RSVP 772.464.4672.
Spring Floral Arangements
Saturday, March 18, 2017: 10:00 a.m. – noon. Transform spring flowers into beautiful arrangements for your home in this hands-on workshop led by Rebecca Meuse. Bring your favorite vase or container, or one will be supplied. All materials are included & payment is required in advance for materials. Cost: $15 Members; $20 non-Members. RSVP Essential to 772.464.4672
Learning the Art of Bonsai
Saturday, April 1, 2017 10:30 am. Learn about the ancient artistry of Bonsai at this workshop by Heathcote’s Bonsai Curator, Seth Nelson; introducing audiences to the delicate convergence of nature and creative expression. Members $10; Non–members $20. RSVP 772.464.4672
Recurring Events & CoHort Volunteer Activities:
- A Walk in the Garden Thursdays at 11:00 a.m. Curator/Head Gardener Miriam Charles or docent share highlights of the plant galleries of Heathcote. Garden Admission (free to members). January – May.
- Conversational Spanish: a cultural immersion: Fridays, 9:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. beginners welcome.
- Ambassadors: Second Wednesday at 4:00 p.m. Spread the Word about Heathcote! Recruit new volunteers, lead a tour, staff a booth at community events, and speakers bureau.
- Propagators & Horticulture helpers: Wednesday mornings 9:00 am – noon. Play in the dirt and help maintain the Gardens for all to enjoy. Bring your lunch and enjoy sharing your favorite gardening stories with other nature enthusiasts who make a difference at Heathcote.
- Heathcote Helping Hands: 1st Monday of the month, 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm. Do you have a passion for arts & crafts? A talent to share, or do you enjoy socializing with a dedicated group of dynamic women, whose talents support the Garden Gift Shop? Call 772.464.4672 for more information.
- Coffee With CoHorts (New Volunteer Orientation): Third Thursdays of each Month (March 16, April 20, May 18): Volunteers sustain Heathcote to help maintain collections, growing plants, Garden Gift Shop/Admissions & special events. Everyone makes a difference! RSVP to 772.464.4672.
Adams Ranch Bar-B-Que, Friday, February 24, 2017, 11:00 am – 2:00 p.m.
Spend a day enjoying Florida’s heritage with lunch, auction and a tour of Adams Ranch. Like Heathcote, Adams Ranch is committed to preserving the natural vegetation and our unique wildlife. Limited seating. $75.00 members, $100 non-members. Please call Heathcote to make reservations (772.464.4672).
All Girls Jazz Ensemble/Manatee Academy K8 Community Concert:
March 4th 3:00 p.m. Bonsai Pavilion. Enjoy a medley of jazz standards from the Great American Songbook, accompanied by instructor Stephen Holmes and jazz violinist Bonnie Gallagher. Regular Admission rates: FREE to members.
7th Annual Bonsai Ball
Saturday, March 25th, 2017: 5 p.m. – 10:00 p.m. Heathcote Botanical Gardens – An elegant evening in the Gardens to celebrate the Year of the Fire Rooster. 210 Savannah Road, Fort Pierce, FL 34982.
Volunteer Appreciation Day
Sunday, April 2nd, 2017: 4 p.m. Heathcote House; by invitation.
Earth Day, April 22, 2017:
What better way to celebrate the Earth than at Heathcote Botanical Gardens. Join us for family and Earth-friendly activities and entertainment. 10:00 am to 5:00 pm.
American Public Garden Day:
Friday, May 12th, 2017: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. – Free Admission to Heathcote Botanical Gardens – Details TBA – 210 Savannah Road. Fort Pierce, FL 34982. 772-464-4672.
Friday, May 12 and Saturday, May 13, 2017,
on the grounds of Heathcote. Vintage finds and closet cast-offs will reign during this event with proceeds benefiting children’s programs. Join the fun, socialize with our CoHorts and look for a bargain you can’t resist!
Dates: June 12 – 16 Ages: 6 to 12 Cost: $110 Time: 9am to 1pm
Saturday, July 29 at 8 AM – 9 PM
Indian Hills Golf Course
1600 S 3rd St, Fort Pierce, Florida 34950
30th Annual Garden Festival & Plant Sale:
Saturday & Sunday, November 18th & 19th, 2017. 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. – Exceptional selection of plants – exotics, natives, tropical’s, palms, orchids, herbs, garden art and accessories offered by vendors from across the state, children activities, food and more.
3rd Annual Heathcote’s Garden of Lights Holiday Festival:
(Evenings through December 31, 2017 – exact dates TBD) Enjoy a Kaleidoscope of lights, Picture with Heathcote, the bear, visit with Santa and Mrs. Claus, refreshments & musical entertainment. – 210 Savannah Road. Fort Pierce, FL 34982.
Thank you for your support of Heathcote Botanical Gardens, the green heart of the treasure Coast!
Click here to download a PDF you can print.