CREATING ORIGINAL ART FOR YOUR GARDEN on March 9, 2016
Hypertufa planters are light-weight rustic pots made from Portland cement and other materials such as peat moss and vermiculite or perlite. Porous Hypertufa pots are great for planting. They look like limestone, but are surprisingly light compared to pottery. With Hypertufa, you can make your own pots for your garden.
Basic Hypertufa Workshop 10:00 to 11:30
YOU WILL RECEIVE
• Basic instructions for Hypertufa
• Recipe for making your own
• DVD to take home – Getting Started with Hypertufa
• A pot you made during the workshop
Advanced Hypertufa Workshop 1:30 to 3:00 Participation limited to those who completed the Basic workshop.
YOU WILL RECEIVE
• Advanced strategies and tips
• Collaborative Problem Solving and creative ideas
• Materials to make a large pot
Each Workshop $40.00 for Heathcote Members $45.00 for Non-Heathcote Members
To reserve a seat, please call the Heathcote Office at 772-464-4672
Hypertufa is FUN – but the materials are messy.
BE SURE TO BRING WITH YOU:
• Rubber gloves
• Protective Glasses (to protect your eyes from concrete dust during the mixing process. You can just bring sunglasses if you like.)
• Wear gardening clothing
Dr. Brown has an extensive background in teaching, including special education, art, psychology, and meditation. She is passionate about combining two of her loves – art and gardening – and expects this workshop to be educational, productive, and fun! At the end of the workshop, you will have the basics to create your own garden pottery.
Dr. Brown has “prescriptions” for embracing transitions with enthusiasm and empowerment. Her workshops, seminars and book, Eavesdropping: As Real Women Talk About the Gifts and Challenges of Aging, are focused on helping others find joy, peace and empowerment throughout life’s transitions.